Home workouts such as bodyweight cardio and cardio machines are very popular methods of working out at home. Home workouts are designed to provide you with more spare time and flexibility in your life. Bodyweight workouts are workouts that you can perform without weights while using your body as resistance. Bodyweight cardio is putting these bodyweight exercises together in circuits to provide you with a cardiovascular workout as well a strength workout. Cardio machines such as elliptical machines, treadmills and exercise bikes are popular forms of cardio that people usually resort to when they are overweight and want to burn fat in the comfort of their own home. Advantages that Bodyweight Cardio has over Cardio Machines:
* No equipment required – No need to take up half of the living room just so you can workout each day.
* Very little cost or none at all – Bodyweight cardio is free unless you purchase a workout dvd or book. You may invest in some push-up bars, pull-up bar, bands or exercise ball to get more out of your workout but they are not necessary. A cardio machine will cost at least a couple hundred up to a couple thousand dollars. You could be enjoying a nice vacation with that money or put it to good use.
* Workout can be done anywhere – Do your workouts outside, inside, on your vacation. It is up to you. You can not drag your cardio machine outside or take it on vacation with you.
* Workouts are shorter – Your doing more work in less time. Spend more time doing things you love.
* More focus on the exercises – You will get better results if you are focused on your workout. Watching TV while you are on a cardio machine does not give you any focus on the task at hand. You need to challenge yourself to get a true cardiovascular workout.
* Better Results – You’ll be burning fat all day long after your bodyweight workout. Your whole body is getting a workout. Your body gets a better hormonal response when you are using more muscles therefore burning more fat and for a longer time. Treadmills and bikes will only give your legs a workout.
* Excitement – This is definitely more exciting then a boring cardio machine. It is hard to have fun running on a treadmill or riding a bike inside.
* Workout Versatility – Bodyweight Cardio workouts can be modified or you can change the whole workout when it starts to get stale. I change up my workout every 4 weeks. It keeps it from getting boring and your muscles will react better when you change your workout. You can do some different exercises or rotate the order of them. Cardio machines are set in stone as far as what you can do with them. You are always doing the same movements and using the same muscles.
* Workout with a partner – This is a great way to challenge yourself. You can motivate each other. This is hard to do with cardio machines unless you have 2 of them which would take up a lot of space.
Try some bodyweight cardio today with this free bodyweight circuit.
1. Jumping Jacks (25 reps)
2. Bodyweight Squats (25 reps)
3. Push-ups (25 reps)
4. Running on the spot – knees high in the air (30 seconds)
5. Lunges (10 reps per side)
This is just my advice on home workouts with bodyweight cardio. Remember to take it easy and do not over do it if you have not worked out in a while. Please remember to consult your Doctor before starting a new exercise routine.